Saturday 15 May 2010

Next to Normal - therapy

Make up your mind to explore yourself.
Make up your mind you have stories to tell.
Search in your past for what sorrows may last
Then make up your mind to be well.

Make up your mind to live stronger now.
Make up your mind, let the truth be revealed.
Admit what you've lost and live with the cost,
At times it does hurt to be healed.

Make up your mind you want clarity.
Take what you know and then make it make sense.
Admit what you fear and soon it comes clear
The visions are just your defense.

Make up your mind to be free at last.
Make up your mind to be truly alive.
Embrace what's inside, replace what has died
And make up your mind to survive.

I didn't write this, it's adapted from the song 'Make up your mind/Catch me I'm falling' from the Broadway show 'Next to Normal'.



This song is part if a woman's therapy for coping with her son's death and her own bipolar state. I find the lyrics worth reading and actually quite inspiring. Having mental health problems and depression isn't always your fault, but to get better a decision must be made.....so make up your mind and listen to the words. I did.

xx


- I'm using BlogPress from my iPhone!!! Go me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment